Elderly but little used PG wing, harness and reserve for disposal

Items For Sale & Wanted
Jerry Hazzard

Elderly but little used PG wing, harness and reserve for disposal

Post by Jerry Hazzard »

Former member Doug Jones died earlier this year and his widow has asked if the Club can find a good home for his old wing, harness, reserve, etc.. I have forewarned her that its age may means that it has little value and may be difficult to place: she is willing to let any money that may result from its sale to go to a charity of her choice. Hence, offers are invited for the following:
Swing Astral 3 wing Colour – Blue LTF 2 (I understand this equates to EN-B) Flying weight of 80-100kg. Date of construction – May 2005 Weight of wing risers – 5.8kg.
Sup’air ‘Profeel’ Harness Colour – dark green and black Foam block back / seat protection Rear mounting for …
Sup’air Reserve Parachute size medium
... all packed into a blue Swing rucksack.
I have reason to believe this kit has not been used since 2010 latest and was only lightly used in Doug’s flying days. It is all in very good condition; the wing is clean and still ‘crispy’. However, it really should be inspected and deemed fit to fly by an approved service agent (e.g. Aerofix / Green Dragons / The Flight Park – see Skywings ads) before being put to use. It could be a good ‘first wing’ for someone fresh out of flight school, or if you want something for wet winter use.
Offers are invited: I would hope not to ‘divide it up’. I’m not expecting big offers, but it has some value and will help a worthwhile charity. The kit is currently in my care, so call / email me if interested.
Jerry the Chairman
Tel: 01948 780378
Email: jerry.hazzard@btinternet.com